måndag 1 maj 2017

Never too old to play

I had stamped and colored several images from the "Newton Unwinds" stamp set and wanted to create some cards with them. I was surfing on Pinterest and came across this great layout and thought I would do something like that. After having colored Newton on the big ball of yarn with Zig clean color real brush markers, I created the background by doing some ink smooshing on a piece of old packaging. I smooshed Distress inks Shaded lilac, Spun sugar and Picked raspberry, sprayed it with some water and lay the transparency over the paper (Tim Holtz watercolor paper). I did that twice to get the coverage I wanted. After it had dried, I borrowed some of my daughters watercolor. She has a gorgeous gold glitter color in her set *smile*. I flicked that on to my background and then let it dry.

I wanted to create a diecut inlay frame and was thinking about maybe turning the whole thing into a shaker card. After die cutting the frame with the "Wonky stiched rectangle" from MFT, I decided to go for the shaker. I cut a rectangle in the middle with Hero Arts rectangle dies and then mounted the inside piece on a black card base. I also heat embossed the sentiment on to a banner that I cut with flag ends.

I then realized I needed some additional pieces so I stamped the yarn ball a couple of times and colored them and cut it out and glued them to the inside piece as well. (Note to self; Must get those dies to this stamp set, fuzzy cutting some of these images is hard!! *big smile*).

Then I glued Newton onto the frame which I had covered with a transparency. I lined the frame with two layers of foam tape. And now for the good part, picking what contents to have for your shaker. I choose some dark pink star confetti and some purple and irridescent sequins.

This is then the final result;
I used quite a lot of contents in my shaker since the area is quite large.


If you shake it behind Newton, you can see the 3 balls of yarn.


The sentiment really fits well here since this card will be going to an adult, shaking that shaker, you will feel more like a kid =)

Challenges
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything goes


1 kommentar:

  1. hello cute card, luv the fun design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    SvaraRadera