onsdag 11 april 2018

Trifold Newton birthday card

I was really inspired by a couple of cards I've seen in my Instagram feed the last couple of days. One of them is an inspiration card by Andrea for the current Inky Paws Challenge and the other is a really cute trifold by @craftawaywithme.

I wanted to make a trifold that had diecut holes for the main image which was mounted on the final panel. I went with the design by Andrea and then created the following card.

I usually make my card bases from 12x12 cardstock and then it's a little piece over measuring 12" by 3½". I used that left over piece as the cardbase for this. I started by scoring the card base at 4" and 8" and folding it. I had to cut a sliver off of the second panel to make it fold nicely. I then took the die and placed it on the folded card and ran it through my Big Shot. It cut through the first panel and made a huge impression in the second and a smaller impression on the last panel. I replaced the die on the second panel only and ran that through again and then had two diecut holes.

Then I got to inking the second panel. I chose Distress ink Seedless preserves and Picked raspberry. I also used a star stencil. A bit of Post-it tape helped protect my back panel.

I then wanted to add some gold sparkle so I used Rangers Gold tinsel embossing powder (inking through the stencil with Versamark). I also stamped the front panel with the confetti stamp from Newton's Nook Newton's Birthday Bash in purple, pink and grey ink from Lawn Fawn.



The inside panel also got some ink. The left and right panel I used the same stamp as on the front with the same colors. The middle panel I used a diecut cloud stencil (Lawn Fawn) and the distress inks once again.

I then colored the cute Newton with his balloon with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I also used a sparkle pen from Spectrum Noir to blend the balloon. I have also added some gold tinsel embossing powder to the front as well as the sentiment. The kitty is die cut and then glued to the bottom panel (through the second one in order to line them up correctly).

This is the finished result;
First panel


Inside, second panel


And this is what it looks like when you fold it out completely.

If you want to see it live in action;
I'm entering this in the following challenge.

Challenge
Inky Paws challenge #69 - Birthday theme

3 kommentarer:

  1. Oh wowza! I love how you've created this! You've inspired me to try it out! Andrea's card was definitely inspirational, and you have captured the spirit of it with the added bonus of the trifold! Wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing this gem with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is my favourite! Such details and gorgeous design! Love every bits of it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge this week, hope to see your creations next week too. Hugs, Zsofi

    SvaraRadera
  3. I absolutely LOVE your card! The window opening is so clever! Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    SvaraRadera