torsdag 4 maj 2017

Mother's day card recreation

I saw this card today on the Lawn Fawn blog created by Nichol Spohr and just had to recreate it;

I had already stamped and colored a bunch of images from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Mom + me  and just hadn't decided on my layout yet. So I decided to use the same basic layout as on the card above but with the stuff that I had on hand.

I started by sponging on Distress inks Picked raspberry and Scattered straw and blended them together on some Bristol Smooth cardstock. I then also cut a stiched circle with my MFT dies and did the same to that. I spritzed it all with a little water and blotted it dry to create that cool mottled effect.

To get some interest going in the background, I diecut the panel with a Lawn Fawn stiched rectangle die and also used an embossing folder from Darice with bubbles. For the white scalloped circle I used Lawn Fawn dies. The banner I made on my own with simple white cardstock.

I stamped the greeting "Happy" and Mothers day and also colored the Happy with 2 colors of Zig clean color real brush markers. Everything is mounted flush to the background except for the banner which is mounted with foam tape. I finished off with some Liquid pearls for the centers of the flowers.
Mother's day card with Mom+me and Happy sentiment

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar