I saw a video by the lovely Nicole Spohr and wanted to try this technique with diecut inlay. I used the same products as she used in her video since I had them (Lawn Fawn Party balloon die set and also the Scripty greetings). It proved quite difficult to do the balloon-string-stamping correctly though. I'm glad I had the Misti stamping tool to help me line up and stamp perfectly.
The balloons were diecut from the panel and then they were colored with several colors of distress ink. I then flicked some water on them, dabbed it off to get that cool effect. Then I did a bit of a boo-boo. I added Wink of Stella in clear on top of them. Quite a lot of it, which of course made the color to re-activate and then smear. But, I went with it.
The strings are stamped with several colors of pink to try to create an ombré effect. One of the cards is stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink. The balloons are then inlayed into the negative part of the die cut so that the card becomes flat.
One of the cards had the original die cut of the balloon highlight. I didn't end up liking that part so I added white gel pen to the rest.