fredag 7 april 2017

Practising Altenew tulips

When I saw this stamp set from Altenew, I new I had to have it. I LOVE tulips! They always bring feelings of spring which is much appreciated up here in the cold north =).

I stamped them on Canson XL watercolor paper with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them in white. I used the Misty to stamp to get a perfect impression but also to help me line up the different leaves and flowers. I stamped them in several rounds, heating them in between so I could overlap some of the leaves.
Altenew tulips stamp set with watercolor

I used a lot of water on the background and then used Broken china distress ink to dab in the color and let the water transport it on it's own. Fun technique. I used Mustard seed and Squeezed lemonade for the yellow flowers and Mowed lawn for the leaves.

However, need to add a second layer since I didn't get paint all the way up to the white line of the stems and leaves and vice versa. More practise, more practise!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar